Provides advice to your organization through verbal dialogue and Q&A sessions. Although we provide valuable input, this level of service does not include active participation in the project. We can be engaged at any time during your project.
Takes a more active role in communicating with other parties associated with the project. At this level, we do not take primary responsibility for the preparation of reports, records or other documents. Although we can be engaged at any time, it’s best to engage us early in order to maintain consistency throughout the project.
Provides the fullest level of service, and assumes primary responsibility for performing given activities. For optimal results, it’s best to engage us as early as possible.
“Questions arise, decisions must be made, and guidance must be given to the designers and the contractor throughout the course of any project. Timely responses from the owner’s side are critical to maintaining schedule and budget. And when the client is a Board of Directors or a committee, answers can be slow in coming.”Jeff DreyfusPrincipal at Bushman Dreyfus Architects
- Understand your core values, objectives and priorities.
- Develop clear management and performance criteria for every aspect of your project.
- Create and manage a comprehensive owner’s level project budget.
- Develop and implement an effective communication plan for all stakeholders and team members.
- Represent you and act as your fiduciary agent in all facets for which we are engaged and make sure your interests are effectively represented within the entire project team.
- Act as a liaison and leader for all project team members and external resources.
- Ensure that all potential project-related issues are addressed and that each member of the project team is aware of their role in resolving them.
- Communicate all changes to the project team consistently and effectively
- Provide suggestions that could improve the design and/or functionality and reduce your costs.
- Make regular site visits to monitor the project schedule and progress.
- Provide effective conflict resolution with contractors and other team members to avoid costly delays and arbitration.
- Advise Owner and negotiate effective contracts with designers, consultants, vendors, and contractors.
- Provide contractors with timely information, decisions and services needed in order to do their work.
- Monitor the performance of designers and contractors to ensure they’re meeting their contractual obligations
- Initiate corrective actions when necessary to achieve your objectives and priorities
- Manage site access and security issues.
- Critically analyze contractor progress reports and alert you to any potential reports and alert you to any potential problems.